Thursday, August 21, 2008

Big Changes!

Big changes have been happening in our household. When the girls were babies, we noticed changes and advancing milestones at least once a week, but as they are getting a bit older, the changes are more subtle. Well, all of a sudden, we no longer have a baby and a preschooler but a toddler and a Kindergartner! This means big adjustments for Mom and Dad too! In just two short weeks of walking more than a couple of steps, Eve is now taking off and going all of those places she has been wanting to explore for the last 6 months! Olivia has gotten an expander for her top teeth (I keep thinking, "Isn't she too young for a dental appliance?"), is learning to play guitar, and has just attended Kinder Camp. Along with Kindergarten, which starts on Monday, comes schedule adjustments such as Olivia no longer taking a nap and weaning Eve down from two naps to one. We are now getting up before 6 AM (Eve is having a hard time with the schedule changes and so am I!), eating lunch by 10:30AM, and the girls are in bed by 7 or 7:30PM. Brian and I are actually getting to spend some time together in the evening although most of this time is spent doing chores that we were not able to do during the day. Well, just when I feel like I'm getting the hang of this parenting thing, something changes, but I guess that's what keeps me growing and learning too. As a new mom, I learned from baby Olivia how to slow down and enjoy the moment, and now I just want to continue with that pace although it seems like the world is speeding up and the girls are growing up too fast for me.

No comments: