Monday, August 4, 2008

Feeling a Tug on Those Heartstrings

Olivia is off to camp this morning, and I am missing her BIG Time! She will be there from 8:30AM - 4PM for a whole week without anyone she knows, but I am sure that will change in a very short time. When I dropped her off this morning, it felt as if my heart was still attached but it was being tugged on. She will have great adventures, I'm sure, with some of her favorite activities: swimming, kayaking, hiking, climbing, and crafts, and she told me she is really looking forward to the afternoon snow cones. She'll learn lots and become a little more independent before school starts, but it does feel like I'm holding my breath this morning. Genevieve is missing her too and cried as we watched Livy hike away to her group. Livy just smiled and waved. She's ready to fly. Wonder what it will feel like when she will leave for college....GULP!

No comments: