Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Springtime Fun in the 'Hood


A couple of weeks ago, our neighborhood had a get-together to celebrate springtime. The girls loved the petting zoo, and I did too. This wasn't some cheesy petting zoo with a couple of goats. They had bunnies/rabbits, piglets, chickens/roosters, ducks, a donkey, a baby calf AND goats! ;) The girls love going to the pet store, but it's pretty much hit-or-miss if they get the opportunity to touch an animal there. This petting zoo was very much hands-on, and you can see the girls' delight in the pictures. I fell in love with the piglets and afterwards did some research on having a miniature piglet for a pet, but when I mentioned it to Brian, the look on his face told me "Are you serious?"...which I WAS! ;) Well, I guess I'll just have to read *Charlotte's Web* to the girls again to get my cute little piglet fix!Our little niece Celeste, and parents Brad and Nicole came out with some of their good buddies. There was also a bouncy house (which the girls liked to jump on much better than our bed!) and Easter Egg Hunt (which the girls declined on so they could have extra time in the petting zoo. "Good choice!", says Mom.).

No comments: