Friday, May 8, 2009

Crowe's Nest Farm


Ms. Boone's Kindergarten Class Field Trip 2009

Olivia's kindergarten field trip was to Crowe's Nest Farm, a non-profit farm designed for educating the public about animals. The kids had a great time riding the bus there, seeing the reptiles in the big red barn, having a picnic lunch and hayride, watching how a cow is milked by machine (this was still painful for me to watch...those who have exclusively used an electric breast pump to nurse their baby will understand!), going on a self-guided tour around the animal pens, and walking through Faeriewood. They had fun just being together and doing something outside the classroom. I felt so lucky to get to go and experience this with Olivia. My good friend Blanca, her daughter, Sabrina, and I rode there together, and it was fun to visit and catch up along the way. Her son, Max, and Olivia were in preschool together where we made this same trip before, but it's so amazing to see how much the two of them have grown and changed in just one year.

Blanca and Sabrina feed the ponies as we wait for the school buses to arrive.

A windy picnic lunch...hold onto those grapes!

Sweetie Pie, the milking cow; I know your pain!

Olivia and her class listen attentively to Farmer Dave.
He squirted Olivia with fresh milk from the cow.
She got a big laugh and said it went into her eye not her mouth!


The look of wonder...priceless!

Magnificent ostriches!


Ms. Boone and her class pet the goats.

Say "Goat Cheese!"

Such a memorable day with my big girl makes me feel lucky to be a mom.

This little lamb made me think of Genevieve and how I hope to be making this trip with her soon.

What an awesome day to share with friends!

No comments: